Welcome to our monthly summary of activities, events and updates from the Centrifuge Ecosystem for March!
Spring finally arrived in the Northern hemisphere and there is a lot going on in the Centrifuge ecosystem, so we want to give you a brief monthly overview.
- Community introduction
- AMAs, Pool party, Q&A
- Altair - Runtime upgrade 5 with the NFT-studio!
- Centrifuge parachain launch process
- Collator onboarding: the process has started
- The Centrifuge protocol roadmap
- Groundbreaking new tech doesn’t fall from the sky. To develop the ecosystem further to tap into its full potential - technically, financially and legally - the right personnel is needed. Welcome Jay as the new Technical Operations Manager to Centrifuge!
Are you interested in playing a role in the future of DeFi/Centrifuge? Check out the vacancies on https://centrifuge.io/careers
- The same goes to all the ambassadors - a vital part of the ecosystem. Let’s welcome Yaroslav - a long-lasting supporter of the community, validator and member of the Altair council!
Are you new to the ecosystem? We created a category in the forum, where everyone can introduce him/herself with the goal to get to know us better in the community.
You don’t need to submit your CV - simply write a few words about yourself (who you are? What brought you to crypto and what you like about DeFi and especially Centrifuge)
- New AMAs with partners and asset originators I want to highlight:
(1) Pool party with Reif - take your bathing togs and “dive” in
(2) An updated GIG Pool Executive Summary and AMA with Nick Kritikos
(3) AMA with InsurAce (a decentralized insurance protocol) hosted by Kate
(4) Centrifuge Q&A with Polkaswap and Cassidy
Further Kate talks about and explains K-factory: what is a self-managing organization and how does it work?
Token Terminal started a new series where they cover blockchains, dapps and markets. The first post covered Centrifuge!
- TheBlock research is looking at real-world assets and gave, amongst others, an overview of the RWAmarket
- This is big news and shows the importance of interoperability and the strength of the Polkadot ecosystem: Acala has launched an ecosystem fund to support start-ups with strong stablecoin use cases
Here are some news and updates from (and for) the community!
Covered in the last monthly summary by KryptosChain, the @PolkaTipBot in Telegram is working and accepts AIR for tips! A new use case for Altair…
- Twitter news:
Nick Garcia on “the most misunderstood ecosystem in crypto” with a focus on the first parachains on Polkadot
Well, there is someone really excited about the TVL-growth in Tinlake and the release of the protocol roadmap??
Let’s have a closer look what happened last month in the governance-category:
The third edition of the Centrifuge/Altair-governance call was hosted on March 3rd with a very interesting discussion about Centrifuge governance and other topics
As always the call was recorded
Ongoing proposals for Centrifuge:
(1) Renewal of the RWA Market rewards to incentivize liquidity for the Aave RWA Market. The referendum closed recently in favor of the reward’s renewal
(2) Proposal to increase the amount of self-bond for creating an on-chain proposal (the poll has ended)
Good news to all Centrifuge holders and crowdloan participants: the Centrifuge parachain launch process is out. The parachain launch is ongoing and is scheduled for early April!
The Runtime upgrade 5 for Altair with the NFT-studio is now live!
The proposed Altair Council Collator Selection Process, to add collators to the Altair network, received the first introductions!
Thanks to the applicants Polkadotters, GoodKarma and Yaroslav and PathRockNetwork! We are looking forward to further introductions!
- 81.9M Total Value Locked
- 18.5M via MakerDAO
- 7M+ via RWA Market
- 123M+ Total Assets Originated
Daily borrowing volume composition (per asset originator)
- 9.9M Pool Value
Fun fact: you can see interest accrue on the RWAmarket in real time
- The 23rd Centrifuge community call was held as a special edition with a feature of the NFT-studio on Altair! Product manager Solomon and our designer Araya showed a demo of the NFT-playground which will launch on Altair very soon!
The complete call and the demo can be seen here
(1) A progress update on the legal structure for Maker vaults given by Eli
(2) An new post from the MakerDao community which highlights the role and importance of RWAs for their protocol
(3) A proposal by Mike from DeFi Capital markets how to set up a governance process for the RWAmarket
Last - definitely not least - here are some really good news many have been waiting for: The Centrifuge protocol roadmap highlights key enhancements for investors, borrowers, and community members to solidify Centrifuge as a DeFi pioneer!
Stay tuned for the next monthly update!
Do you have any ideas, feedback, or comments? If so leave them below or get in touch with the team, our ambassadors or moderators in Discord!