Welcome to our monthly summary of community news, events and governance updates from the Centrifuge Ecosystem for June!
Time flies and the first half of the year has already passed: in June Lucas gave a recap of Q2 2023 with his personal highlights and the most important updates from Centrifuge! This and more exciting news can be found in this newsletter!
- Centrifuge in Q2 - a recap
- Introducing Centrifuge Prime! (more details in Q2 recap)
- Welcome to the POP Information Center
- DeFi Bites (more details in Q2 recap)
- GCG Status Q2 update
- Total Value Locked (6/30/23): $211.7M (MakerDAO: $111M; RWA Market: $4.2M)
- Total Active Loans: $210.8M
- Total Assets Originated: $399M
- Originated in June: $17.3M
- Assets repaid in June: $7.04M
- Token Holders: 46,038 Wallets
The Ecosystem is focused on educating the world about Centrifuge, creating visibility and opportunity for RWAs, and sharing the narrative of how the world’s credit will be financed through DeFi.
June highlights include:
June events with Centrifuge:
RWA Summit Launch: rwasummit.io
Polkadot decoded on June 28: Mitigating Risk with RWAs in DeFi
AIMA Virtual event on June 15: Tokenization: Unlocking the future of asset markets
Centrifuge LinkedIn Live event on June 13: Tokenize That: Innovating in the Face of Uncertainty
Centrifuge in the news:
Bitcoin Insider: Tokenization of RWA: The Next Fortune Machine or Not?
Digital Asset Research: Real-World Assets Tokenization Report – May 2023 Recap
Fintech Nexus: Real-world asset tokens - a ‘killer use case’ for blockchain
CryptoAdoptionCurve: Onchain Private Credit - Capital Sourcing Challenge/Opportunity
Axios Newsletter: 1 big thing: MakerDAO breaks away from GUSD
The Community is represented primarily by individuals and organizations that are actively participating in governance, contributing to processes and discourse, and are economically tied to the success of Centrifuge.
Lucas shared his personal Centrifuge in Q2 recap with two major launches, growing dominance of the RWA-market and on-chain credit. Some of the highlights of his recap are the launch of the Centrifuge App and Centrifuge Prime. As well as news coverage and the ongoing decentralization of the protocol through the introduction of the Governance Proposal Framework plus the formation of the Centrifuge Credit Group.
The POP Information Center is a newly organized hub for all relevant information and resources related to the Pool Onboarding Proposal Process (POP). The goal is to provide a clear guideline to make the process more clear and easier to access.
Community Intros: Welcome onboard the Centrifuge ecosystem: Matt Wagoner as a member of the Centrifuge Credit Group and Harvey aka yieldkollector as a Crypto researcher and GTM specialist to the community
An update from the Aave community: after some months of discussion the final proposal for the GHO Mainnet Launch on the ETH mainnet and the first two facilitators (Aave V3 and FlashMinter). If you are interested to support the proposal leave your comments in the post.
And more news (and Tweets) from the community:
@PolkadotInsider: CENTRIFUGE PRIME - RWA OF DEFI IN POLKADOT ECOSYSTEM
@TiogaCapital: If software is eating the world, crypto is eating capital markets. Here’s our Real World DeFi thesis
@_Fortunafi: RWA interest is BOOMING!
Save the date(s):
- For an overview on all on-going and ended proposals I recommend to take a look into the Governance update June and the update of the GCG for Q2. Open Requests for Comments are Altair Block Rewards Activation and Treasury Burn and a collator-driven RFC on the Adjustment of Altair collator rewards.
Please actively participate in the governance process, leave your comments and remarks in the RFCs and vote on polls:exclamation:
- The highlights of the Centrifuge governance call #18 are: discussion of the CFG-rewards on Centrifuge chain for future Pools, minting CFG into the Centrifuge on-chain treasury, and an overview of the new Polkadot governance framework, OpenGov.
- The second set of the Collator onboarding finally took place and the current set consists of 13 collators. Congratulations to everyone who joined the next step towards decentralization!
The Protocol is represented primarily by organizations that are actively using Centrifuge’s technology to facilitate the underwriting, structuring, and financing of RWAs.
- Pool updates: We always appreciate regular news and updates from Asset Originators about their pool performance and status. In June news came from Databased Finance and New Silver.
Stay tuned for the next monthly update with more news, updates and developments from the ecosystem!
What are your thoughts and your comments? Please share your feedback as reply to this post below or you can get in touch with the team, our ambassadors or moderators in Discord!