2022-July Centrifuge Monthly Summary

Welcome to our monthly summary of developments, events and updates from the Centrifuge Ecosystem for July!

“Looking back and looking forward” was the title of community call #25. The monthly summary for July shows a collection of Centrifuge’s milestones plus gives an outlook of what to come next. This and much more can be found in this summary!

• Industry-led keynotes at EthCC [5] and Polkadot Decoded :ticket:
  • Altair pools going live :loudspeaker:
  • aUSD/AIR liquidity mining on Karuraswap :moneybag:
  • Centrifuge milestones - Looking back :motorway:
  • New governance facilitators Rhano and Ivan :ballot_box:

Key Metrics

It’s becoming increasingly clear that Real-World Assets (RWA) can bring sustainable and scalable growth to DeFi, as RWA growth has outpaced DeFi growth Year-to-Date (YTD).

• Total Value Locked (TVL) Growth YTD: Centrifuge +68.0% | Total DeFi -63%

• Total Value Locked: $88.7M (MakerDAO: $26.2M; RWA Market: $5.0M)

• Total Active Loans: $85.1M

• Total Assets Originated: $165.1M

• Loan Repayments in the last 30 days: $6.8M

Ecosystem

The Ecosystem is focused on educating the world about Centrifuge, creating visibility and opportunity for RWAs, and sharing the narrative of how the world’s credit will be financed through decentralized finance. July highlights include:

Community

The Community is represented primarily by individuals and organizations that are actively participating in governance, contributing to processes and discourse, and are economically tied to the success of Centrifuge.

• Time flies and a lot has happened since Centrifuge’s birth in 2018. It was about time to give an overview of the milestones in the history of the ecosystem. A big “Thank you” to Rhano for preparing this awesome journey through time! :pray:
  • The POP-Process is slowly attracting more new issuers interested in launching a pool in Tinlake. Take a look at the latest submissions from Lend East and Supply@ME) plus the remaining ongoing submissions. Don’t forget to leave your valuable feedback in the forum and to vote in the polls for the upcoming pool parties!
  • Because governance is a crucial part of the ecosystem, two new governance facilitators were nominated! If you are familiar with the ecosystem, you should know Rhano’s educational content plus his user guides and Ivan’s constant user support in all channels. Congratulations to both of you and looking forward to jointly shaping the future of the ecosystem! :tada:

Governance

An overview plus an outlook on upcoming Runtime upgrades can be found in the forum.

Upcoming events: :loudspeaker:

:calendar: Save the date: Centrifuge governance call #8 on August 18!

Protocol :cyclone:

The Protocol is represented primarily by organizations that are actively using Centrifuge’s technology to facilitate the underwriting, structuring, and financing of RWAs.

Product & Engineering

Stay tuned for the next monthly update with more news, updates and developments from the ecosystem!

What are your thoughts and your feedback? Please leave them in the comments below or you can get in touch with the team, our ambassadors or moderators in Discord!

9 Likes

It is interesting that Year-To-Date growth in TVL across Total DeFi is -63% but TVL on Centrifuge is +68%

I guess we can extend that RWA Summer to RWA Season - and I have a feeling this is going to be a loooong season :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Exactly. That’s the metric I liked the most.

I wonder how the YTD-growth for the next 3-5 years will look like :eyes:

1 Like