Claiming AIR rewards from Kusama crowdloan

You are welcome, feel free to contact us.
Probably in the next few days, the proposal will be launched. I will tag you here.

1 Like

Hi there, anyone has received AIRā€™s for participating to Altair? Has it completed or still in progress. Completely forgot and now I canā€™t find anything related to Atair. Itā€™s been almost a year now

Good day Con1607
You can claim your AIR tokens for KSM crowdloan.
Here you will find a manual on how to do this:

If you still have any questions feel free to ask. Best regards.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am able to see my account and the reclaim option but whenever I hit the reclaim button, enter pwd and tick the 15 min option, I get the message ā€˜Somethin went wrong, please try againā€™ . Thatā€™s how Iā€™ve spent my half morning clicking and restarting computer etc. I can see my account, and Polkadot.js extension already installed and authorized in any page. I don;t know what to do. See error message attached

I tried a different computer, restored the account using the json file. Even though Iā€™ve restored the account on other computer, I cannot see my account when claiming AIRā€™s so must be something Iā€™ve missed. I don;t know what else to do. Also Iā€™m not an expert, just a regular guy who staked KSM for ALTAIR a year ago and cannot claim it.
Can you please help? thank you

Good day Con1607
Did you set up your wallet according to the manual?
Do you have any AIR already in your wallet? (Your AIR balance in your wallet is 0 AIR?).

Thank you
I have the account created in polkadot.js.org. Is this the wallet you refer to? Or I need to create a wallet? My account shows 0 AIR balance, thatā€™s correct. Iā€™ve attached a screenshot. My apologies, I know itā€™s not an excuse to be ignorant, but I have not much idea about how this things go. Much appreciated your help. I followed all directions given by now. But probably Iā€™ve missed something

p

I guess you mean to create an AIR wallet to my KSM account as per attached? is that what i need to do? I keep looking for manual of how to create a wallet but all links are issues related and no manual as such. Is this what you men? adding AIR to my KSM account? thank you

You should not create anything.

If your account type is SR25519 you should follow this tutorial:
If your account is of type ā€œsr25519ā€ (created directly on the portal instead of using the Polkadot.js extension), use these instructions instead :point_down:

You should set up your wallet :
0. Your account type should be injected (please check the tutorial above)

1. You should use Chrome/Mozzila
  2. Please switch off all other extensions like clover, phantom and etc.
  3. Set up your wallet Allow to Use in any Chain or Kusama relay chain
  4. click claim.

Don`t worry. Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Thank you . I followed the instructions and saved the backup and added it back and same error. See pic 1. What Iā€™ve also noticed is that when I 'm trying to claim, the address listed starts with 5 , but none of my other accounts (see pic 2 and 3 ) starts with 5. Iā€™ve highlighted them. Iā€™ve added a question mark to highlight that the option to save backup is not there anymore. I tried to do it again on a different computer but isn;t working anymore. Is this a one time only option? Anyway it didnā€™t work for me . Not sure what to do now.

This is a different representation of your wallet address in different networks: Kusama, Altair, and Substrat.

You should be able to claim. Please try a new browser (chrome/mozzila) and disable all other extension.

Also please try:

Substrate - Kusama
Substrate - Allow use on any chain
Kusama - Kusama
Kusama - Allow use on any chain
Altair - Allow use on any chain
Altair - Kusama

After all changing please press F5 and try to claim

For more information on addresses please read the guide below

https://gov.centrifuge.io/t/accounts-and-wallet-addresses-in-polkadot-js/3341

Thank you again. Previously Iā€™ve used chrome . Now Iā€™ve downloaded Firefox and tried unsuccessfully. Then Iā€™ve tried all Settings combinations, as per your suggestion. I had to updated metadata on a few occasions . The only way to make it work ( so I can see my account when trying to claim) was with the options : ā€œDefault for connected node Altair 136ā€ for Altair, for Kusama ā€œkusama relay chain (2)ā€ and for the claim page to have it on ā€œkusama relay chainā€. None of the browser o works , regardless of the setting. Same error. ā€œSomething went wrong, please try to claim againā€ . Itā€™s getting frustrating now. I do appreciate your help.

Con1607
If you are from restricted countries please try to use VPN or if you are using VPN please switch it off.
If nothing will help DM me your wallet address I will try to double-check with Core Team your case.

Thank you. Iā€™ve just message you

Good day Con1607, yes, replied already

Anyone else has still issues claiming AIR for Altair and finds no proper support here ? Iā€™ve been trying to claim my AIR for the last 2 weeks unsuccessfully. I get the error ā€˜ something went wrong . Please try againā€™ tried vpn , deleted account and reinstated it, changed the settings for Substrate and still same issue . Itā€™s a sr account

I closed the other topic to continue the troubleshooting here, to prevent the forum to be spammed

Hi @Con1607, I understand your frustration but saying you donā€™t find proper support is not fair - the last 18 messages above are part of a conversation primarily between you and @ImdioR who is explaining how to approach this issue.

There has been other people with the same issue as yours (SR25519 accounts) and they have all been able to claim after following the instructions that @Tjure07 just provided you with.

Please follow those instructions, step by step, and see if that fixes it. I am very certain that it is a setting on your Polkadot.js browser extension that prevents you from claiming.

3 Likes

Thanks man. Everyone is pointing me to the same material which Iā€™ve already tried unsuccessfully. Iā€™m not trying to be difficult, I only want at least the money Iā€™ve invested. It must be that my setup is wrong but where? I havenā€™t designed this solution. Anyway Iā€™ve already spent hours on this and is started to stress me out .
Please see below a summary of the steps I took till now. What I just realise after reviewing the steps, is that, although I can see my AIR balance on the claiming website, I see 0 AIR balance under the ALTAIR account. When going through this with Ivan he says i should be able to still claim. But I canā€™t, so the issue is probably with why the Altair account shows 0 Air. Would it be because Iā€™ve reinstalled the account using json file? Iā€™ve always had 0 AIR balance on Altair, but 2500 on the claiming website. Can this be the cause?
Please see below steps and attached screenshots:

• I have deleted account from the 3 dots and re-installed the backup as per the link youā€™ve mentioned
  • I have changed the substrate in extension, from ā€˜Allow allā€™ to Kusama and Altair and combination between these. See image attached
  • I used VPN to change location; Germany etc (Iā€™m in australia)
  • i run the same thing on the other computer by reinstated the json file that Iā€™ve saved when created the account
  • I added the 3 sites to the extension, allowing access

Thanks. everyone is pointing me to the same material which Iā€™ve already tried unsuccessfully. More none is able to really advise where the issue is, moderators are deleting my additional topic saying Iā€™m spamming and I still can claim my AIR. Iā€™m not saying it is a system issue, it may be my setup but where? I havenā€™t developed this complicated solution so Iā€™m rely on experts here. If i knew is that complicated, taking hours and putting stress on my life, I wouldnā€™t have contributed.
Please see below a summary of the steps I took till now. Also please note Iā€™ve added account and made the setup on 2 different computers and same issue.

• I have deleted account from the 3 dots and re-installed the backup as per the link youā€™ve mentioned
  • I have changed the substrate in extension, from ā€˜Allow allā€™ to Kusama and Altair and combination between these. See image attached
  • I used VPN to change location; Germany etc (Iā€™m in australia)
  • i run the same thing on the other computer although I couldnā€™t delete and re-install as I couldnā€™t find the option anymore