Good day, Community!
I would like to share with you research for Centrifuge DAO: Token Delegation Research 2023
The Governance and Coordination Group (GCG) is always trying to improve and do our best. To achieve this, we need to compare our statistical data and approach with other projects and DAOs.
This research started as a personal curiosity and an internal report to understand the current situation of Centrifuge Governance, the pros and cons of delegation, delegation models and how to improve governance participation.
At some point, this report grew into something much bigger. So we decided to share it with our Community.
The main objective of this research report is:
- To understand the importance and implications the delegation in DAOs
- To investigate how delegation impacts and changes governance participation
- Different approaches to delegating
- Present statistical data of the best projects in comparison with Centrifuge
- Investigate ‘ghost token-holders’ and ‘ghost delegation’
- Look at barriers relating to Quorums
- Ask: what are the noticeable benefits and potential determinants that Delegation could have on the DAO
Researched projects: Optimism, dYdX, Polkadot, MakerDAO, ENS, SafeDAO, AAVE, Centrifuge
- What are the noticeable benefits that Delegation had on the DAO?
- Can we describe a ‘standard’ model of Delegation?
- Is anyone doing something surprising with Delegates?
- What are the downsides that can be observed related to Delegation has created?
- Ghost delegates
- Lack of delegation tools in Centrifuge and Polkadot
- Communicate more on the importance of batched proposals (Centrifuge)
- Low participation and lack of engagement
The full research is available here: Centrifuge DAO: Token Delegation Research 2023