Tutorial to set up Centrifuge Chain in the Polkadot Vault App

Polkadot Vault is the new mobile app developed by Parity that replaces Parity Signer. It’s redesigned with additional functionality and for a better and more streamlined user experience.

The Polkadot Vault is cold storage solution for private keys of accounts created on the Vault App.

How to add Centrifuge Chain

Polkadot Vault supports three chains out of the box: Polkadot, Kusama, and Westend. But you can add additional chains by scanning a trusted spec QR code and metadata QR fountain.

1. Navigate to Nova’s metadata portal and select Centrifuge Chain from the sidebar.
  2. Navigate to the “Chain Specs” tab.
  3. Open Polkadot Vault and click on the “Scanner” tab. This will open your phone’s camera.
  4. Scan the spec QR code.

1. On the screen that opens up, you can see the details of the issuer and the chain you are about to add. Click “Approve,” and the chain is added!

1. Navigate back to the “Metadata” tab on the metadata portal and update the metadata as described in the previous section.
  2. Scan the Metadata QR code.

1. Finally. Click "Approve”.

How to generate an account for a newly added Centrifuge Chain

1. Navigate to the home screen.
  2. Then click on the plus (+) sign on the top right.

1. On the next screen, click on “Network” and select Centrifuge Chain.
  2. Then click in the field under “Derivation Path.”

1. On the next screen, You can leave the “path name” empty, delete the two dashes (//) that are added automatically under “path name” and click “Done”. If you have some issue then add a “path name” for example: “//centrifuge”.
  2. Then click on “Create Derived Key.” Enter your phone’s PIN.

1. Finally, check the checkbox “I have written down my derivation path” and click “Done.” You have created a new address for your account on Centrifuge Chain!

You are now ready to add your account on Polkadot-JS UI and sign transactions with it!

4 Likes

Thank you for your tutorial and your help!

2 Likes

Just to add to this I was using the old parity signer (before the update last year).

I was able to recover my keys in the new polkadot vault with the old keys.

Great instructions!!

Upthefuge

3 Likes