We are ready to release a new version of the Centrifuge Chain that catches up with latest supported Substrate version (v2.0.0-rc6).
Here are the details of the release: Release Centrifuge v2.0.0 Release - RC6 · centrifuge/centrifuge-chain · GitHub
There has been many changes in Substrate between our current version and the latest one that make this upgrade not as seamless as we would have liked. These are the main changes:
- Internal child storage hierarchy has changed. This requires a fresh sync for all the nodes so the new structure can be generated during that phase.
- Hashers of core pallets have changed, therefore a list of migrations need to be done at the time of the runtime upgrade.
The first change is the most disruptive, since it requires a two step migration process, involving all validators/nodes before the runtime upgrade can be executed.
In a nutshell, every validator must follow the below steps:
- Node Upgrade: Here are detailed steps on how to perform it - Cetrifuge Chain Node Upgrade Guide - HackMD
- Once all validators have updated their nodes with the new version and are producing blocks in the new nodes, we will trigger the runtime upgrade.
It is really important that all validators perform this in a timely manner, otherwise those that have not, might get their stake slashed.
Flint & Amber Node Upgrade (In Parallel):
- Centrifuge is bringing up new bootstrap nodes (same IPs and NodeIDs) by Thursday 1st October UTC EOD, do not start your new validators until the new bootnodes are up, they will not sync. (We will notify once they are up)
- [ACTION ITEM] All validators in both networks to have performed the Node Upgrade by Friday 9th October EOD UTC
- After 1 week of stability, Centrifuge will propose the runtime upgrade to RC6. Done by Friday 16th October EOD UTC
- Centrifuge is bringing up new bootstrap nodes (same IPs and NodeIDs) by Friday 23rd October UTC EOD, do not start your new validators until the new bootnodes are up, they will not sync. (We will notify once they are up)
- [ACTION ITEM] All validators to have performed the Node Upgrade by Friday 30th October EOD UTC
- After 1 week of stability in mainnet env, Centrifuge will propose the runtime upgrade to RC6. Done by Friday 6th November EOD UTC
Let us know if you have any questions,