About the Introductions category

This category is for all community members (team, ambassadors, issuers, investors etc.) to introduce themselves.

The category is rather informal but please give us a bit of

• background on yourself (why you’re here in crypto)
  • highlight any notable experience or activity you have related to DeFi, DAOs…
  • why you are especially bullish on Centrifuge and RWAs

Thanks and Welcome!

Hi everyone, I’ve recently posted a twitter thread on how I became interested in DeFi and what my mission will be within the Centrifuge ecosystem:

I started my career working as a fixed income sales analyst at Goldman Sachs, covering MENA institutional clients. As part of my mandate, I worked with the central bank and financial institutions of Lebanon, my country of origin. Unfortunately, in 2019, the Lebanese economy went south very fast. Having a front row seat to my country’s collapse was heartbreaking.

Lebanese people looked for a way to preserve their savings and transact with each other without the need for banks. Of course, they turned to crypto. And similarly, I became very interested in DeFi. I immediately connected with the revolutionary promise of DeFi. The promise of building new financial rails that allow people to transact freely with one another, in a currency of their choice, and have a say in the monetary policy of said currency. In emerging markets in particular, where institutions are fragile, and unelected and often corrupt officials can destroy people’s livelihoods, DeFi has the potential to be a liberating force for good.

I have joined DeFi Capital Markets as Head of Institutional Capital, working within the Centrifuge ecosystem to develop the potential of bringing Real World Assets funding on-chain. What I hope to bring to Centrifuge is this focus on emerging markets. Asset-backed securitisation is a powerful financial instrument that, due to its cost and complexity, is out of reach to many emerging market SMEs, and Centrifuge is working to change that.

Please feel free to DM me if you have any questions, my twitter handle is @rayesalexander.

3 Likes

Hi

Last year I became involved with DeFi while helping some friends set up a traditional fund structure to manage and onboard new investors into their staking platform.

As I got more involved and started learning and understanding about the possibilities of using smart contracts and DeFi tools to find solutions to democratize opportunities for people, i got hooked.

The realization that DeFi will allow opportunities to millions of people who otherwise will never have a chance against the current CeFi bureaucracy is fascinating. That being said the speed of innovation was what sold me.

I am attracted to Centrifuge because of the nature of my Business Development background i see a lot of opportunities for my old clients to find new liquidity opportunities in Tinlake and i also see a big chance for traditional fixed income investors (like my father) to be able to easily get good yields directly from asset managers.

This is the start of new opportunities that resonate to my traditional clients problems.

Looking forward to learning and participating more

R

3 Likes

Welcome to Centrifuge, Rene!

Interesting background. The ecosystem needs people with different backgrounds and experiences :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s up Centrifuge Community, It’s Jake here!

I am really excited to get involved with Centrifuge to build SkyVest.

SkyVest aims to be the platform connecting DeFi to institutional commercial real estate funds.

My background is in commercial real estate. I spent 2.5 years at Marcus and Millichap working with top brokerage teams across all asset types. I exclusively worked on institutional deals above $15 Million between senior leadership.

My trojan horse into Web3 was metaverse real estate. It opened my eyes to the greater Web3 ecosystem and underlying technology it offers. I quit my job a little over a year ago to pursue real estate use-cases in Web3 full time.

Since quitting corporate:

1. I became an active member of Urban Land Institute, the largest non-profit real estate organization, and have led and developed panels on real estate and Web3.
  2. I started working on a Real Estate and Web3 masterclass for Urban Land Institute
  3. I started contributing as a writer for NFT Plazas. The leading news source for NFT related news. I spearheaded the metaverse explorer series and Decetraland research reports.
  4. ! Developed a data analytics product for metaverse real estate with my technical lead, Ryan Siva. We have a fully developed API and data warehouse for all Decetraland related real estate data.
  5. I worked with metaverse related startups and private-equity real estate firms to purchase and develop their business plan for the land.
  6. I consulted for RedSwan.io, a commercial real estate tokenized marketplace, and learned the ins and outs of how the business operates.

Centrifuge provides the backend infrastructure and SkyVest can provide a real estate-specific frontend and relationships with funds.

Centrifuge’s infrastructure is the perfect generalist platform for more industry-specific applications to be built on top of. For example, SkyVest and real estate.

My goal is to on-board more institutional real estate and capital into DeFi. Centrifuge is the backend infrastructure SkyVest needs to execute on that!

Thank you @akhan for the introduction to Centrifuge and your thoughts helping define SkyVest.

1 Like

Hello Everyone!

Kunal this side. I am excited to be a part of Centrifuge family to build Cion Digital.

I started my career after my MBA in Mobility - Auto lending and leasing market. I got into crypto in 2019 as I was fascinated by the potential and projects going around it. This helped me to get an opportunity to work full-time with Cion Digital in lending technology and crypto.

We at Cion Digital believe Everyone has a right to financial stability, wealth, and prosperity. Our mission is to deliver innovative technology solutions that make financial wellness a reality for everyone. We started with a Crypto-Secured Lending solution in partnership with Aave and have a presence in the Middle East, Asia, and North American markets.

I came across the Centrifuge ecosystem as I was exploring real-world assets lending and what a fantastic platform this is! Bridging the Gap between DeFi and Real World.

We have a proposal to submit to the community on how we can lend against RWA in a secure way to minimize the risk and create a social impact. If anyone has any format of the proposal or any suggestion to offer, please connect.

Thank you. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Kunal!

Thanks for your introduction and being a part of the ecosystem! It’s great, to see people from different countries/time zones/contintents and from various areas contributing to Centrifuge!

Looking forward to the New Year already where the journey continues!

For your proposal please use the following category to start a discussion

1 Like

Please post your introduction as a new topic in the “Introductions”-subcategory and it can contain:

• background on yourself (why you’re here in crypto)
  • highlight any notable experience or activity you have related to DeFi, DAOs…
  • why you are especially bullish on Centrifuge and RWAs