Welcome to our monthly summary* of news, events and governance updates from the Centrifuge DAO for January!
*Please subscribe to the newsletter to receive the latest updates directly to your inbox!
Centrifuge completes 2023 with a Q4 Recap and some key updates and gives an outlook on what to expect in 2024! This and more exciting news can be found in this newsletter!
- Centrifuge Q4 2023 Recap
- Tokenized Asset Coalition 2024 Outlook
- Centrifuge integrates with Celo
- Live proposal to onboard GnosisDAO in Centrifuge
- RFC Protocol Roadmap
- Centrifuge Credit Group Progress Update
- $500M in assets financed!
- Total Value Locked (1/31/23): $260.47M (MakerDAO: $152M; RWA Market: $3.8M)
- Total Active Loans: $260M
- Total Assets Originated: $507M
- Originated in January: $11.8M
- Repaid in January $7.99M
- Token Holders: 50,089 Wallets
The Ecosystem is focused on educating the world about Centrifuge, creating visibility and opportunity for RWAs, and sharing the narrative of how the world’s credit will be financed through DeFi.
Speaking highlights with Centrifuge:
- Asad at ETHGlobal on January 12 on the potential that RWA facilitators can bring to Aave’s GHO stablecoin🎙️
- Hashnote: Real World Assets in DeFi panel on January 23 with Asad
- DeFi Drip: Cassidy discusses with Martin from Anemoy onchain treasury products
- The second PolkadotDapps X Space was held on Wednesday January 9
Centrifuge Features & Media:
- Tokenized Asset Coalition Unveils State of Tokenization Report; Announces 15 New Members (BusinessWire)
- Real-World Assets: Will RWAs Bring the Next Trillion into Crypto? (Coinbureau)
- RWA Research Report: The scale of tokenized assets will account for 10% of global GDP in 2030 (Coinlive)
- Celo Foundation: Founder Spotlight: Lucas Vogelsang, CEO & Co-Founder, Centrifuge
- What Are Real World Assets (RWA) in DeFi and Crypto? (Binance Academy)
- Stablecoins remain the silver lining for RWAs: Report (Blockworks)
- The Liquidity of RWAs and the Resulting Demand (Medium)
- Is There Traditional Financial Asset Backing? (Gate Learn)
The Community is represented primarily by individuals and organizations that are actively participating in governance, contributing to processes and discourse, and are economically tied to the success of Centrifuge.
- Some of the highlights of the Centrifuge Q4 2023 Recap:
- Frax, Aave, and Web3 Foundation get behind real-world assets
- Liquidity Pools live on Arbitrum, Base, and Celo
- RWA Summit Announcement
- ETH token standards for RWAs
- News from the Tokenized Asset Coalition (TAC): The founding members of the Tokenized Asset Coalition prepared with the State of Tokenization-report an outlook for 2024 and welcomed 15 new members from the RWA-industry to the TAC
- Centrifuge has integrated with the Celo blockchain through Axelar and will introduce new assets to the Celo ecosystem (such as tokenized Treasury bills and carbon credit pools)
- The GnosisDAO voted in favor of the proposal to onboard an initial allocation of $10M USD from the treasury in Centrifuge prime! Centrifuge will provide GnosisDAO the legal and infrastructural means to invest into RWAs through pools such as Anemoy (US Treasuries) and New Silver (real estate)
- Ambassador introduction: Welcome to the Centrifuge DAO, Yann aka MasterRWA, as a new ambassador! Yann’s mission is to deliver educational content about RWA and Centrifuge in a comprehensive way with the use of real life examples!
More community news:
@AriochEth: What is the Centrifuge protocol? Centrifuge’s key features include…
- Let’s start with a governance update for January 2024 provided by the GCG, amongst others with an ongoing proposal for the formation of the OpenGov Technical Committee and a vote on Unclaimed Polkadot rewards which is live until February 5.
- The first Centrifuge governance call of the year covered a preview by Christie on upcoming events with Centrifuge, the governance proposal for unclaimed Polkadot rewards (voting see above) and Protocol fees. If you are a newcomer and haven’t joined a gov call yet, you can register in the forum post
- The Protocol Engineering Group (PEG) introduced a proposal with a technical overview for the Centrifuge Roadmap and the future of the protocol. The proposal includes a prioritization of the topics Liquidity pools and Protocol fees (high), Transaction fees and Linked pools (medium) as well Pool types and Snowbridge integration (low).
Please actively participate in the governance process, leave your comments and remarks in the RFCs and vote on open proposals:exclamation:
The Protocol is represented primarily by organizations that are actively using Centrifuge’s technology to facilitate the underwriting, structuring, and financing of RWAs.
- Centrifuge surpassed $500M in Real-World Assets financed! One question remains unanswered: Wen $1B?
- End of the lease period for the Crowdloan: People who contributed DOT to Centrifuge got their tokens back on the 16th January and Centrifuge self-funded and extended the Parachain lease
- Centrifuge Credit Group Updates: Harvey gave a Progress Update for the Credit Group from the end of the year. Amongst others he dives into the very detailed Asset Primer Overview on US-treasuries and the collaboration with Business Development on the Arbitrum Treasury Report
- Pool updates: FortunaFi announced an asset extension for FortunaFi Series 1 and the team from ConsolFreight gave a status update on the legal proceedings. Thanks for the transparency and keeping the DAO informed!
- Last but not least Industry insights from Will and UrbanGate January 2024 Update
Stay tuned for the next monthly update with more news, governance updates and developments from the ecosystem!
Connect with us as a reply to this post or you can get in touch with the team, ambassadors or moderators in Discord!