Tinlake Investments minimums

I wish we could invest as little as we like… 10 k minimum is a little overwhelming.
After all, we are sending Dai

10 Likes

I think once the main net is live it will be possible to invest smaller investments of Dai. I would like to know if anyone could answer this though. I imagine the average investor probably does have a hard time with this kind of quantity.

2 Likes

Also because of Ethereum bull run. If u love Eth then you wont be liking Dia

The mainnet went live in May 2020. If I understood the team correctly in the last community call, it is planned in the long term to lower the entry barrier for initial investments into the pools.

5 Likes

thanks for that update. Sorry I don’t know why I thought the main net wasn’t live. Must have been mixing up my projects. I guess I was thinking about a parachain launch Kusama or Polkadot as the launch.

1 Like

Yeah minimums have nothing to do with mainnet, more up to the asset originators that spin the pools. As the Tinlake dapp upgrades and onboarding becomes easier, I’m sure we’ll see smaller minimums.

5 Likes

Thanks for that clarification Dedi. Do you think Centrifuge running on the parachain of Kusama or Polkadot will help speed this along? Do you see the Tinlake Dapps updated at the same time or before then?

2 Likes

@0xD1d0 : Just found this article about DAI and am a little shocked not knowing this, tbh. Would you be kind enough explaining your point of view (reg. ETH bullrun vs. DAI) in addition?

Thanks & kind regards

2 Likes

I was just saying that if u feel that Eth will double in price in the next few months, then any Dai locked up in tinlake will naturally loose half its value compared to keeping yr money in Eth.

2 Likes

True, but on the other hand if ETH looses half of its value you are pretty lucky when you converted it into DAI before that. And in the pools you get interest plus the RAD tokens for the Radial rewards.

2 Likes

i would convert to Dai to be part of this ecosystem at any cost. I really believe in Cent’s future

1 Like

10k might be to weed out investors that arent serious and just in it for a quick buck. Or i’m sure its some legal reason. Who knows, it would have been great if the minimum was 5k.

3 Likes

Is 10k the minimum? How long is it locked in for?

10k is the minimum for all pools but maturity date is different for each pool.

3 Likes

There exists no lock-up period but if you want to participate in the Radial Rewards program to earn RAD you need to keep your investment in the pool for at least 60 days

3 Likes

Just read that $5k is the minimum now - is it legit? any info on this? - how does one get into it?
Breaking News

1 Like

It is 100% legit. There was a community voting on Tinlake’s parameters and rewards. Seems like you missed it :wink:

Here is the outcome:

Hi there,

I am a little late to the party. Can someone shed some light on what is the minimum DAI to be staked as of now, March 2021? I just got approved from the Securitize and intend to stake some DAI for the RAD/ CFG. I just read this but I’m unsure it’s 5 or 5000 lol, can someone clarify? Thanks!

‘Currently, the underlying legal structures may also impose some restrictions on investments. E.g. most pools require a minimum investment amount of 5.000 DAI. Residents of some countries may also be excluded from investing.’

Hello, it is 5000 DAI.

1 Like