Founding Documents for the Centrifuge DAO? Part 1 & 2

I.
I think that Centrifuge is already practising some of the principles listed here and to me, that shows integrity, openness and transparency. They are not just some aspirational words on a page that mean nothing.

I noticed that usually people follow the flow. And most people in a working collective use to rule: Taking initiative always screws the initiator.
And if you are part of a collective you, intentionally or unintentionally, follow the same rules (or you change collective → work)

The thing that I noticed in Centrifuge, that this rule is not working here (…huh!).
And this is part of the principle proposed by @ctcunning :

Any identified problem, should have a proposed solution.
This should guide us all to seek solution to problems, and be proactive in owning and constructively finding a way forward.

At Centrifuge, i see that instead of passive working (work only if the task will be assigned to you and do not never initiate anything otherwise you will get more tasks or complicate your life) you can start the initiative, take leadership on the problem, and solve it. That’s cool. The initiative is almost always welcome. The Team & DAO is looking not only for good feedback (most obviously known by all) but trying to find “undeveloped”/ weak parts/ aspects.

@Kate_Bee I don’t think we can combine the new proposed principles of @lucasvo with the one you mention. I have experienced them as different.

II.a) Direct and honest communication:

Talking about my path from Ambassador… I interacted with a lot of Centrifuge members and i saw this behavior from a few of the members. After a personal conversation( in real life) with almost all Team members, i noticed that generally most of the Team is using this principle. This is cool.

II.b) Cooperate and assume the most positive intentions:
This is another important principle that I think should be included in founding documents.
I’m talking about my exp in Centrifuge Community, DAO.
I received support for my family and relatives from a couple of Cent members (with real intention to give help). By the way, people who never know me personally before nor my relatives. Unbelievable and this is cool. (Thank you again if you are reading this )

I think this principle is being spread - I helped a community member (from centrifuge) to extract the private key from the parity wallet ( We are talking about a very big amount of assets) and now we still talking in DM and keeping the conversation live with him).
I helped him without any intention to be repaid or any favor in exchange. Just because I think that if somebody could help anyone - just do it. Help is very important. (this is one of my principles - help each other if you can ).
After 3-4 months he became aware of some of my problems and offered me help for me free (just would like to highlight that he never met me before). I never asked him for any kind of help. Thank you for this (if you are reading )
And I would say that this is cool.
Be happy, be Centrifuge :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for all your input everyone - this is very valuable to us!

The Governance and Coordination Group will gather all the feedback from this thread, our Governance calls and conducting individual interviews with community members and make a proposal for the founding documents in January.

We are thinking to create two separate RFCs (one for Doc 1 & 2 and another for Doc 3 & 4).

If they pass our Governance process, they will lay the foundation for our vision, principles, rules for how we behave in the DAO (Code of Conduct) and the Levels of Engagement.

1 Like

I like the idea of Levels of Engagement (“this means not all owners are expected to participate in every governance process, but rather a more generative way where people with different levels of engagement participate where they have expertise or are affected.”)

1 Like