Council Candidate Introduction: Will [Binary Holdings]

:wave: hey there, my name is Will Pankiewicz (I also go by metakøsmia on the internet). I’m the Master of Validators at Parity Technologies (yes, that’s my actual title :laughing:) as well as a co-founder of Binary Holdings.

My main work is around coordinating infrastructure for the Polkadot/ Kusama ecosystems, and basically get everything in place for these networks to run smoothly. In particular I work with validators, crypto funds, node operators, wallets, block explorers, exchanges, and various other integrators. This includes helping out with release management (getting new features in, testing releases, packinging it all up into a client), getting this software in the hands of the entire ecosystem, and coordinating runtime upgrades across Polkadot, Kusama, and various testnets. I’ve worked on launching Kusama and Polkadot, and now work alot with helping parachain teams launch (including Altair and Centrifuge). I educate the community and the wide range of entities building inside of it on substrate, launching networks, interacting with these chains, participating in governance, building products and parachains, custody, key management, and a wide range of other topics.

One thing in particular that I run and operate is the Thousand Validators Programme for both Polkadot and Kusama. I work on what decides how to allocate over $1.2 billion worth of DOT and KSM to over 650 independant third party validators, and help those validators onboard into the Polkadot/Kusama ecosystem (including into the various parachains). I strongly value trying to decentralize these various networks and working towards making them grow and thrive.

I’m very active in the Polkadot and Kusama governance process, and helped set them up when each chain launched (including the operational aspect of setting up validator/governance accounts before transfers were enabled, coralling up the initial council members, pushing the releases and runtime upgrades that enabled all the features). I’ve helped set precedents for parameters of the network and various governance processes (such as how treasury funds should be spent, how is that evaluated, what community initiatives do we want to focus on, etc). I continually evaluate and give feedback to treasury proposals (as well as w3f grants), especially around getting Public Goods Infrastructure in place for Polkadot and Kusama (the kinds of public goods that serve 20 billion requests per month across the community of app builders, wallets, etc).

One thing I think is super important for all these networks in the ecosystem is to help fund their own delevopment and operation in very self sustaining ways. I’m keen on helping grow and support the various networks in the Polkadot/Kusama ecosystem however possible, and governance is a very powerful part of that.

I’ve already submitted my candidacy on the Centrifuge mainnet council:

4bkxck1PFXqw9FDsC91KSscbmivMYWkbejX2oDV81SnmBNvE (plz vote for me)

cfgcouncil1

As well as run multiple Centrifuge mainnet validators (plz nominate us)

4bx5zpSTG7ZPQkReo6qsNu2ghDqRQLPNBhkpJydCkTDPEnTS
4h45pmjmSVHdZFi8Qhmdpc9idaQcAqU5K6gh6tDZWme1hgUf

cfgnodes

I’m looking forward to submitting my candidacy on Altair, as well as running collator nodes!

cheers :rocket:

12 Likes

Wow. Welcome Will. We are happy to see you put forward you candidacy.

Hi Will. Great to see you here and to have someone from the broader Dotsama ecosystem running for a council seat!

1 Like

Just wanted to update this post with my council address since I didn’t orignally include it: kAHZzAg1oQCLVsn1Ha3kMEA86oZNtVo61EJ2HcJywYu4PdeST.

willaltair

My name on there is just Will (I have a verified identtity, feel free to contact me via any of the linked info in the identity information)

Additionally I wanted to add in a recent post I made about how to utilize the treasury:

This is mostly in the context of how the treasury is for Polkadot and Kusama currently, although the same will apply for Altair.

If I’m elected into the Altair council (I’m currently a runner up), I’d be interested in helping work on useful ways to spend treasury funds that benefits everyone :smiley: