Welcome to our monthly summary of news, events and governance updates from the Centrifuge DAO for October!
Time flies and it’s time to give a recap of Q3 one of the most active and exciting months yet! But the Centrifuge DAO does not stop developing and improving with new marketing campaigns and governance proposals! More exciting news can be found in this newsletter!
- Centrifuge Q3: A recap
- Fixing Finance: A Tale of Suits vs Hoodies
- A new POP by Arf Financial
- Reflections on the past and future of RWAs 🕮
- RWA Summit - A Playlist
- EIP-7540 aims to revamp the tokenized vaults standard🔗
- Total Value Locked (10/31/23): $248.82M
- Total Active Loans: $$247M
- Total Assets Originated: $471M
- Token Holders: 47,221 Wallets
The Ecosystem is focused on educating the world about Centrifuge, creating visibility and opportunity for RWAs, and sharing the narrative of how the world’s credit will be financed through DeFi.
October highlights include:
Events/Panels with Centrifuge:
In case you missed the RWA Summit, don’t worry! You can find an overview of panel talks in the collection on YouTube
- Swarm: Why tokenize? The RWA brief with Lucas
- Scytale Digital: How will DeFi innovate finance moving forward?
- The Defiant invited Lucas to talk about Unlocking Trillions of Dollars with RWAs
- Boys Club Ep.87: Interview with Cassidy about Real World Assets🎧
- Another plain and simple episode of DeFi Bites with the elementary question: What problems does Centrifuge solve?
Centrifuge (and RWAs) in the news:
Blockworks: Standardization coming for real-world assets ‘sooner or later’: Q&A with Centrifuge CEO
Blockworks: A new EIP aims to revamp the tokenized vaults standard for RWAs
Galaxy: Overview of On-Chain RWAs and the Forces Propelling their Growth
CoinDesk: Tokenized RWAs Could Grow to a $10T Market by 2030 as Crypto Converges to TradFi: Report
Medium: Transforming Finance: The Power of Real-World Asset Tokenization in DeFi
Medium: The Rise of Tokenized Private Credit- LinkedIn: Unlocking the Future: Real-World Asset Tokenization and its Potential in the Crypto Space
Bitcoinsensus: Unlocking the Future of DeFi: Real-World Asset Tokenization
BSC News: What is Tokenization of Real World Assets (RWA)? And is it the Next Big Thing?
The Community is represented primarily by individuals and organizations that are actively participating in governance, contributing to processes and discourse, and are economically tied to the success of Centrifuge.
- Centrifuge Q3: A recap! Some reasons why Q3 was one of the most exciting quarters for Centrifuge ever:
- Liquidity Pools: Ethereum & L2s bridging to Centrifuge
- The Real-World Asset Summit
- The Tokenized Asset Coalition
- Building the infrastructure powering RWAs in DeFi
- TradFi and DeFi - Friend or Foe? The Fixing Finance campaign strives to merge the best of both (financial) worlds while educating newcomers at the same time. If you are not sure, whether you are a Hoodie or a Suit you should definitely take the quiz to find out!
- More news from marketing: Centrifuge Conversations podcasts (audio-only versions of DeFi Drip and Tokenize That) are available now to listen on the go!
- Very good reflections on the past and future of Real-World Assets and the role Centrifuge already played and will further play by Sébastien and Mark from Steakhouse Financial.
- A new Issuer Introduction posted earlier this month by PennyWorks, which is a financial platform to make it easier for traditional investors to invest in DeFi.
- The monthly summary of news, events and governance updates from the Centrifuge DAO is now available on Mirror 🕮
- Centrifuge Unlocked - Real World Assets to Polkadot! KryptosChain discusses with Lucas Real world assets, Defi and everything Centrifuge is bringing to Polkadot!
More news from the community:
0xAndrewMoh: Narratives driving mass adoption. The chosen trend for the next bull
Save the date(s):
- Let’s start as usual with the Governance update October for an overview, provided by the GCG. The most important proposal which passed is the update of the Transaction fees for Pools which is a milestone for the self-sustainability of the protocol and it further extends the token utility!
- The Centrifuge governance call #21 covered the remaining topics from last month with the Introduction of Harvey aka. Yieldkollektor as the new facilitator for the Centrifuge Credit Group, a deepdive into the Token Revenue Model and an Update on the Transaction fees for Pools (see above).
- After giving a brief intro to their liquidity platform in September, Arf Financial submitted a POP for their Arf Variable Interest Notes to be onboarded as a Pool on Centrifuge chain! The submission is open for comments until it moves to the next phase of the POP-process.
A reminder: Please actively participate in the governance process, leave your comments and remarks in the RFCs and vote on open proposals:exclamation:
The Protocol is represented primarily by organizations that are actively using Centrifuge’s technology to facilitate the underwriting, structuring, and financing of RWAs.
- A new Ethereum Improvement Proposal (EIP-7540), co-authored by CTO Jeroen and Alina, raised some excitement in the community: the proposal aims to extend the existing ERC-4626 standard for tokenized vaults.
- Code4Arena conducted a Smart contract audit and analysis for Centrifuge last month and the Findings & Analysis Report was published recently.
- As part of our security efforts leading up to launch, Cantina.xyz has completed and published their final audit of Liquidity Pools.
- Pool updates: ConsolFreight gave a Legal proceedings update as a consequence on their CF4-pool and although not an issuer (yet), another update & thoughts on the Housing market given by Will from UrbanGate for October 2023.
Stay tuned for the next monthly update with definitely more news, governance updates and developments from the ecosystem!
What are your thoughts and comments? Please share your feedback as reply to this post below or you can get in touch with the team, our ambassadors or moderators in Discord!