RFC: Proposal for mandate for Governance & Coordination Group

Thank you for your questions @annamehr - I will answer them as clearly as I can below.

Amount of members: You are right, to begin with, the group will consist of @ImdioR and myself - but anyone is welcome to apply to join the group. We anticipate that our tasks will require a significant amount of time and dedication so any potential candidate should be prepared and willing to invest a good amount of time to fulfill the tasks. The right candidate should have a good understanding of how our Governance process works (and to some extent also possess technical understanding of the on-chain processes), stay updated with all our Governance activities, and have eyes for details.

Ideally, we would like to increase the amount of members to three in the short term (within the next couple of months), if the right candidate presents themselves.

We don’t have any particular amount of members in mind for the long term.

Compensation: We haven’t thought about the compensation yet, but our goal is to apply for funds from the Treasury and there will be a separate proposal for the funding, once we have discussed this. Assuming there is enough support for this proposal, and we get the mandate to facilitate, our main focus will be to start creating the documents mentioned in this proposal (new Governance process, Proposal Framework, Code of Conduct etc.) and propose them to the Community.

There is no “expiry date” on the members of the group. In addition, to how new members are onboarded, there are three different ways a member can leave the group (voluntarily or involuntarily):

1. A person leaves voluntarily
  2. The community makes a proposal to dismiss a member of a group (e.g. for not fulfilling their tasks or other legit reasons)
  3. The members in the group vote on dismissing a current member (e.g. for not fulfilling their tasks or other legit reasons)

This information will also be included in the Code of Conduct which is on our list on documents to create.

I hope that answers your questions.

1 Like