What you need to know for Centrifuge Chain Mainnet Launch:
We have decided to lock the Centrifuge Chain substrate version to 2.0.0-alpha.3 (same version for subkey). Use “–network=centrifuge” when using subkey to generate an address for Centrifuge Chain Mainnet.
Centrifuge Beta Release: Release Centrifuge v1.0.0-beta (Flint/Amber) Release · centrifuge/centrifuge-chain · GitHub
The plan for our testnets is as follows:
- By Tuesday 24th of March at 5 pm UTC , we will need all validators in FLINT to have downloaded/built the new version above linked and started their validators.
- Since we made some changes to the genesis and want to start from a clean network, you will need to clear up your local data folder (all data will be lost).
We will start again in Block 0.
- You can either keep the same session keys as before or create a new ones, up to you.
- By Tuesday 24th at 5pm UTC time, we would have transferred enough FRAD tokens to everyone that is currently in the validator set, so the transition is as easy as possible.
- New Flint Network ID on telemetry
- Updated validating docs for Flint
- As soon as we have all the validators in Flint with the new version, and we have validated 1 ERA of blocks successfully. We will perform the same in Amber.
- Unless specified otherwise, we expect that on Thursday 26th of March at 5pm UTC, all validators to be in the new version, following same steps as for Flint (of course changing the Chain Network to Amber).
- By Thursday at cutoff time, we will have transferred correspondent ARAD tokens to everyone in the validator set, same as above.
The current target date for soft launch is April 8th! We will continue to provide updates as we get closer to this date.
Let us know if you have any questions!