User experience and terminology

Good day all, I couldn’t find a topic that fits this so I created a new one. My background is in Web 1/ Web2 Marketing and Growth and I’ve spent more than a decade working on marketplaces and consumer-facing platforms (Indiegogo, Tutor.com, Teacherspayteachers amongst others). I participated in the New Silver pool for a while and just exited since it’s being migrated onto the new platform. Here are my key learnings:

1. The returns were fine and it’s nice to get CFG tokens on top of that but it was hard to redeem the tokens (as I had zero CFG before and it’s not easy to buy them). The community team helped me with this issue by giving me a small amount to cover fees
  2. It takes way too many clicks to invest and the UX is confusing (hopefully better now)
  3. The terminology used is a trainwreck: what are TIN and DROP supposed to mean? What is a utilization rate? Why DAI not USDC or USD? If we want to onboard 500 million users this stuff needs to be as simple as buying AAPL shares on Robinhood
  4. Getting out was hard, too. I have no idea what an epoch is? I know what T+2 settlement means.
  5. Email works! use it! I never got any email confirmations of actions. Or notifications. New Silver sends sporadic updates but I wouldn’t call that “instutional-ready”

I love the RWA on-chain space but it can get so much easier! Please engage/ educate me so we can educate others!

1 Like

Good day c7star

1. Recently CFG token with Centrifuge DAO support was listed on 2 DEXes: Stellaswap and Hydra.
    So you can technically buy CFG (native) avoiding CEX.
  2. Would be great to hear your feedback after onboarding with a new Centrifuge App. Feel free to share it here
  3. Centrifuge Chaine will support different stable assets. So you will be able to invest in Pool Currency (EuroC, USDC or whatever else ).
    About the TIN/DROP.
    TIN/DROP are Tranche Tokens. Centrifuge was first to create these tokens in crypto. They are representing different risk: DROP - low risk = Low return, TIN - high risk = high return.
    I can actually share with you an awesome article:
  1. Epoch:
    For Centrifuge’s revolving pools, all investment inflows/outflows are locked over a defined period of time (“Epoch”) and automatically executed at the and of this period following predetermined priorities and risk metrics. The Asset Originator can use the available liquidity reserve after the invest/redeem transactions have been executed to finance asset originations through to the next epoch. Repayments can also happen at any time throughout the epoch, but are collected in a separate reserve and can be used only for financings in the next epoch to allow investors priority for their redemptions.

Thank you for your feedback and welcome on the forum!

1 Like