Counter thinking to CP-40 - Tinlake Rewards Proposal to Mint 1.9M CFG

@ImdioR @Rhano thanks for your thoughts, didn’t get the answers to the questions, but the context is helpful.

I personally don’t have the answers to the questions unfortunately - I think we all have more questions than answers right now.

But making a poll in this post to get a sentiment around what people generally think about the rewards would be helpful and a good start I think.

I haven’t looked at this in some time, but if scarcity drives value and value drives price, I have not previously seen any evidence that modifying reward token emission had any effect on price. It would be great if it did, but it did nothing in the past - prices has been driven by the market, by large buys, and by news/events. It would be great to spend this time/energy working on making innovations that will generate positive news for the protocol, I think that will very valuable.

2 Likes

Tinlake Rewards Overview:

@akhan

2 Likes

Information used in slides:

1. Tinlake - Tinlake Rewards: Overview & Current Numbers [Public] - Google Sheets
  2. CFG Rewards | Tinlake | Centrifuge
  3. Tinlake Wallet address
  4. Price/Trading volume:
  1. Pool overview

Ok this is good step.

We now know how much we spent.

Can we look at how much TVL has grown, outside of Blocktower and MakerDAO, based on the rewards?

I’m happy to work on this with whomever in the community wants to lead it with me.

I would think we just start another Post and provide a real-time, working out loud, analysis of how much these rewards have yielded in TVL for the protocol.

How does that sound to everyone / anyone that wants to support that data-driven analysis?

1 Like

I think approaching this scientifically is really good - Thanks @ctcunning for driving it forward.

FWIW I’m in the “I don’t think the rewards are necessarily doing what we want them to do, but I’m not opposed to them if we can show that they’re working” camp. Excited to see the data so I can have an informed opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this mean I’ve got get the data or do we need to build a community driven working group around this?

The DAO Data Delivery Crew? :slight_smile:

Anyone want to join in on this w me?

1 Like