Poll: Tinlake CFG rewards adjustment

Thanks everyone for the feedback. The feedback on rewards has been helpful and we are looking to implement the proposed changes as soon as possible. I would like to give some context on what is technically feasible on Tinlake and what changes have to wait until pools go live on Centrifuge chain.

We are currently towards the end of a year long development period of building Pools for Centrifuge Chain which is replacing what Tinlake is doing today. Because we are close to finishing it (it’s already live on Altair!) we want to reduce any new development of features on Tinlake to an absolute minimum: any development work we do on Tinlake could delay the launch of Pools and is work done twice as we need to build the same functionality again on our chain.

Therefore the only viable option for changing rewards on Tinlake is to stay within the system we already have to day and only change parameters we already have today. From what is originally proposed in this we can do the following:

1. We can set the DROP & TIN reward rate to the same number
  2. We can set AO rewards to 0
  3. Making rewards dependent on TVL (i.e. reward rate = global rewards / TVL) can not be implemented but the community could simply decide to vote on more frequent changes in the reward rate whenever TVL changes significantly.

Incentives for investing longer in a pool unfortunately definitely go beyond the scope so I would say this will have to wait until rewards are implemented on Centrifuge chain.

3 Likes